Saturday, September 27, 2008

Pecans are so versatile!

Growing up on the pecan orchard my mom always loved to cook with pecans. We ate them on everything!
I think people tend to always place pecans into the "dessert" category and don't get me wrong, a well cooked pecan pie is amazing but pecans are much more versatile than that. I would love to share with you a few of the recipes that are my personal favorites. See my "Mouth Watering Pecan Recipes" post. For many more scrumptious recipes visit the Texas Pecan Growers Association website.

No comments:

Pecan Cooking Demonstrations

I hope you enjoy watching these videos I found on You Tube. They show folks cooking up some great food using pecans!

Betty's Pecan-Crusted Oven-Broiled Chicken Breasts Recipe

Toasted Pecan Burger Recipe - Stubb's Legendary Kitchen

Make Roast and Candy Nuts - Cat Cora for Cooking.com

Sandra Lee - Pecan Cinnamon Angel Food Cake